What product would you love to customize?

3d Printing with Specific Detail

A 3D Printing Program that allows another stage to the design process, Namely the ability to place individual pixels in the min detail size of the project's 3d print machine.

take the 3D Rainbow Ceramic. one of my ideas for this product involves taking a fairly standard cup, and using the colour capability of the matierial to create coloured pictures on the surface.

an ability to take a design and divide it into "pixels" of, say 0.5 mm (or 0.02", as the min detail size is listed) and then add, remove and colour those pixels as desired, much like the old microsoft Paint programs, would allow for easier, more intuitive 3d design construction.

a specific program for that would be great, there are masses of "sandbox" game construction softwares out there that would make a great start point. the ability to have a grid pattern, in a chosen size, on the "floor", alone, would make designing pices of any size incredibly easier. standard editing tools in an interactive layout, no need to be excessively fancy.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)